This post will help guide you through peel fixture setup and operation on your universal testing machine.
More information on our peel fixture offerings can be found here.
1. Installing the Fixture
- 1.1. FS-PL- 180 peel fixture comes with 15.9mm (5/8”) female eye ends. Place female eye end of fixture onto base male eye end. If adapters are used, mount the adapters first, then follow the steps below.
- 1.2. Align pin holes of male and female eye ends, insert pin.
- 1.3. Tighten locking nut against fixture using a spanner wrench to mount the fixture on your machine.
- 1.4 Repeat previous steps to install vise grip on actuated eye end.
2. Fixture Usage
- 2.1. Attach sample to substrate, leaving a free end to be held by the vise grip. Ensure sample is centered.
- 2.2. Set substrate plate in place. Free end should be longer than the portion attached to the substrate, allowing it to be clamped above the top of the peel fixture.
- 2.3. Spring loaded substrate holder block may be detached and moved to other sets of screw holes, accommodating different substrate sizes.
- 2.4. Clamp the free end of the sample in the vise grip.
- 2.5. Loosen the set screws on the lower side of the eye end block to slide the body of the fixture forward and backward. Adjust the fixture such that the sample is pulled vertically without rubbing on any part of the fixture. Tighten the set screws.
- 2.6. Fixture is ready for testing.
- 3.1. Clean fixture after use. Wipe away sample fragments or residue.
- 3.2. Fixture does not require lubricant.
- 3.3. If components become worn or damaged, contact ADMET for replacements.