Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that your operations may have changed and been revised. In addition, company policies may no longer allow visitors to access laboratories to conduct onsite service. The safety of our team and customers are of top importance to us. ADMET offers online training sessions to help customers gain a deeper understanding of ADMET testing systems and software and utilize them to the full capacity.
We have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions below regarding ADMET online training. Please contact one of our team members for more information.
Can you provide a list of topics that are covered during an online training session?
- How to organize test methods, data, and results files
- All menus
- How to create and run a test
- How to save and recall test methods
- How to understand and analyze test results
- How to print results
How long does an online training session take?
Time spent on online training may change based on the equipment. MTESTQuattro PC-based controller training sessions often take the longest and can last up to 4 hours. Online training on the eP2 controller and GaugeSafe Data Exchange software take at least 2 hours. Our Engineers will ask for information on your equipment prior to scheduling the training session.
What is the recommended number of people to attend an online training session?
We recommend up to 6 people in a training session for best results.
What do I need to have ready?
- The machine frame is in its desired location, is un-crated, and all accessories have been unpacked.
- For machines that are using standard 100V or 220V outlets ensure that there is the appropriate outlet near the final location of the machine. Also verify that the system is able to be powered on using this outlet.
- A 64-bit Windows 7, 8, or 10 computer for use with ADMET software is available and in location near the machine.
- The computer running ADMET software must have a minimum of: 8 GB of RAM, Intel Core i5 3 GHz – Quad Core, a 500 GB hard drive, and 1 USB 2.0 or 3.0 port. Note: The computer MUST BE connected to the internet for the duration of the online training. After the training, remaining connected to the internet is useful for our support team if needed in the future.
- A phone, for communication, should be available at the location of the system for the duration of the training.
- Install the provided ADMET software on to the computer to confirm that the computer is compatible. If the computer was supplied by ADMET, the software is pre-installed and this step can be skipped.
- Multiple test samples to use during the training.
- An idea of what you want from the data and how you plan to use/store it (print test report, export the raw data, save data on local hard drive, save data onto a serve, etc.).
What platform is the training run on?
ADMET uses Cisco’s WebExTM service for online training. WebEx is an audio, video, and screen share tool that allows a user to share their screen with others in the online conference. The host (ADMET) may request permission from the presenter (customer) to remotely control and interact with the computer during the conference. The presenter will be prompted to approve the request.
Will ADMET be sending the necessary information to join the online conference?
Prior to the training session, ADMET will send the information required to join the WebEx conference via email.
What are the system requirements to join the conference?
In order to participate in a WebEx conference, the system running ADMET software must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a reliable internet connection that can access https://www.webex.com/
- Must be able to download and run a temporary application provided by the WebEx website.
- Must be able to support running ADMET software and WebEx simultaneously.
- A phone should be present next to the computer for real-time communication during the conference. If a phone is not possible or otherwise impractical, have a computer microphone/speaker arrangement in place to allow communication through WebEx using computer audio.
How do I schedule online training?
Please get in touch with the ADMET team, we will schedule based on your availability.
Is online training free of charge?
ADMET Technical Support is free of charge for the lifetime of your testing equipment. Contact one of our Sales Engineers for pricing on online training sessions.
Is the online training session generic or based on my test application?
Although the information provided on ADMET equipment may be generic, each online training session is specific to the customer’s test application. Please have samples available and let us know your testing application; how you would like to use and store the data, the test procedures you’re looking to set up and the calculations you would like to get at the end of the tests.
Is the training session recorded?
The training is conducted, live, with one of our Applications or Support Engineers. The session may also be recorded, upon your request.
Can I ask questions during training?
Since this is a live session, we encourage customers to ask questions. Common questions include test system operation as well as those related specifically to the testing application of the customer.