This post will help guide you through ASTM F1306 Puncture Fixture setup and operation on your universal testing machine. More information on performing ASTM F1306 can be found here.
More information on our puncture fixture offerings can be found here.
- 1.1. Slide the fixture base onto the male eye end on the fixed crosshead.
- 1.2. Align male and female eye end pin holes and insert the pin from the front of the machine.
- 1.3. Tighten jam nut against the fixture base to eliminate axial play between the fixture and the eye end.
- 1.4. Slide probe onto the male eye end on the moving crosshead.
- 1.5. Align the male and female eye end pin holes and insert the pin from the front of the machine.
- 1.6. Tighten jam nut against probe to eliminate axial play between the probe and the eye end.
2. Grip Use
- 2.1. Cut the sample material to size (3”x 3” square min.)
- 2.2. Place sample in fixture.
- 2.3. Place the clamping ring over the sample. Be sure to align the alignment arrows on the clamping ring and the fixture base.
- 2.4. Secure the clamping ring by rotating clockwise until the sample is firmly held in place.
- 2.4.1. For systems with less than 5” deep testing spaces, it is recommended that the handles be removed from the clamping ring to allow full rotation.
- 2.5. Inspect the test material for proper tension. The exposed portion of the sample should be flat, not indented or bubbled.
- 3.1. Clean fixture after use. Wipe away sample fragments or residue.
- 3.2. This fixture does not require lubricant.
- 3.3. If fixture becomes worn or damaged, contact ADMET for a replacement.