This post will help guide you through Coefficient of Friction fixture setup and operation on your universal testing machine. ADMET Coefficient of Friction fixtures are designed according to testing standards such as ASTM D1894, ASTM D5458, ISO 8295, ISO 21182, and TAPPI T549.
More information on our coefficient of friction fixture offerings can be found here.
- 1.1. Slide the wire anchor onto the moving crosshead.
- 1.2. Slide pin into eye end and tighten jam nut with a spanner wrench to secure.
- 1.3. Slide the sliding plane onto the base eye end.
- 1.4. Slide pin into eye end and tighten jam nut with a spanner wrench to secure.
- 1.5. Thread wire into the wire anchor and tighten screw to secure.
- 1.6. Route wire around the wire guide.
- 1.7. Thread wire into the sled and tighten with screw to secure.
2. Fixture Usage
- 2.1. Place sample on sliding plane.
- 2.2. Secure by tightening thumb screws.
- 2.3. Place sled on top of sample.
- 2.4. Perform testing.
- 3.1. Clean fixtures after use. Wipe away sample fragments or residue.
- 3.2. Fixtures do not require lubricant.
- 3.3. If the wire or surface of the sled becomes worn or damaged, contact ADMET for a replacement.
Ask an Engineer!
Have a question about ADMET coefficient of friction fixtures?
We're ready to help!Ask an Engineer!