This post will help guide you through bend test fixture setup and operation on your universal testing machine.
Click here for more information on our bend test fixture offerings.
Click here for more information Universal Testing Machines.
1. Installing the Bend Test Fixture
- 1.1. Slide female eye end of loading nose onto upper male eye end. Align pin holes. Note that each loading nose has a specific radius at the tip. Consult test specifications for correct radius.
- 1.2. Insert mounting pin through holes to hold in place.
- 1.3. Use a spanner wrench to tighten locking nut against loading nose fixture. This eliminates axial play (wobbling).
- 1.4. Loosen support anvil screws with 3mm hex key. Slide anvils along base to adjust span length. Each anvil is will be located at ½ the span length from center. Adjust span according to test specifications and tighten anvil screws to lock in place.
- 1.5. Slide female eye end of support base onto lower male eye end. Align pin holes. Verify parallel alignment of fixtures.
- 1.6. Insert mounting pin through holes to hold in place.
- 1.7. Use a spanner wrench to tighten locking nut against support base fixture. This eliminates axial play (wobbling).
2. Bend Test Fixture Usage
- 2.1. Place sample on support anvils. Sample must be centered in each direction.
- 2.2. Apply load according to test specification.
- 3.1. Clean fixtures after use. Wipe away sample fragments or residue.
- 3.2. Fixtures do not require lubricant.
- 3.3. If anvils become worn or damaged, contact ADMET for a replacement set.