This post will help guide you through roller grip setup and operation on your universal testing machine.
More information on our eccentric roller grip offerings can be found here.
1. Installing the Grips
- 1.1. Place female eye end of grip onto male eye end.
- 1.2. Align pin holes of male and female eye ends, insert pin.
- 1.3. Using a spanner wrench, tighten locking nut against grip to eliminate axial play between grip and eye end.
- 1.4. Repeat for second grip.
2. Grip Usage
- 2.1. Open roller by lifting lever. Center the sample in upper grip and release lever to engage.
- 2.2. Zero (tare) load channel on indicator/controller, negating sample weight.
- 2.3. Jog upper grip downward to allow sample to be fixed in lower grip. Ensure centering of sample in both grips.
- 2.4. Sample must align with vertical axis between load cell and lower eye end. This alignment is to avoid additional torque and bending forces, which skew data.
- 3.1. Clean grips after use. Wipe away sample fragments or residue.
- 3.2. Grips do not require lubricant.
- 3.3. If grip faces become worn or damaged, contact ADMET for a replacement set.