This post will help guide you through compression platen setup and operation on your universal testing machine.
More information on our compression platen offerings can be found here.
1. Installing the Platens
- 1.1. Depending on the capacity, ADMET compression platens come with either 15.9mm (5/8”) or 31.8mm (1 ¼) female eye ends. Place the female eye end of fixture onto base male eye end. If adapters are used, mount the adapters first, then follow the steps below.
- 1.2. Align pin holes of male and female eye ends, insert pin.
- 1.3. Using a spanner wrench, tighten locking nut against platen to eliminate axial play (wobbling) between platen and eye end.
- 1.4. Repeat for second platen.
2. Platen Usage
- 2.1. Place test sample on center of lower platen to avoid off-center loading.
- 3.1. Clean platens after use. Wipe away sample fragments or residue.
- 3.2. Platens do not require lubricant.
- 3.3. If platens become worn or damaged, contact ADMET for a replacement set.