This post will help guide you through bend test fixture setup and operation on your universal testing machine.
1. Installing the Bend Test Fixture
- 1.1. Slide female eye end of loading nose onto upper male eye end. Align pin holes. Note that each loading nose has a specific radius at the tip. Consult test specifications for correct radius.
- 1.2. Insert mounting pin through holes to hold in place.
- 1.3. Use a spanner wrench to tighten locking nut against loading nose fixture. This eliminates axial play (wobbling).
- 1.4. Loosen support anvil screws with 3mm hex key. Slide anvils along base to adjust span length. Each anvil is will be located at ½ the span length from center. Adjust span according to test specifications and tighten anvil screws to lock in place.
- 1.5. Slide female eye end of support base onto lower male eye end. Align pin holes. Verify parallel alignment of fixtures.
- 1.6. Insert mounting pin through holes to hold in place.
- 1.7. Use a spanner wrench to tighten locking nut against support base fixture. This eliminates axial play (wobbling).
2. Bend Test Fixture Usage
- 2.1. Place sample on support anvils. Sample must be centered in each direction.
- 2.2. Apply load according to test specification.
- 3.1. Clean fixtures after use. Wipe away sample fragments or residue.
- 3.2. Fixtures do not require lubricant.
- 3.3. If anvils become worn or damaged, contact ADMET for a replacement set.