Fatigue Testing Dynamic Universal Testing Systems
Fatigue testing allows manufacturers and researchers to get a critical understanding of how a material or component will perform in real-world loading scenarios over the course of time. ADMET material testing systems will accurately and reliably perform dynamic fatigue tests on metals, plastics, textiles, adhesives, medical devices and other products and components. Accurately calculate peak load, elongation percentage, modulus of elongation, and yield to break at capacities up to 200kN. Fatigue testing equipment is often used to determine how a material will perform over time and repeated use.
Common fatigue testing definitions and keywords include:
- Fatigue strength at N cycles: The stress value for failure at N cycles as determined from a S-N curve, which is the diagram of stress (S) against the number of cycles (N) to failure.
- Fatigue life: The number of cycles that a test specimen could sustain before failure.
- Fracture toughness: The measurement of resistance to extension of a crack.
Below is a list of fatigue testing standards applicable to different industries:
- ASTM D7774 – Standard Test Method for Flexural Fatigue Properties of Plastics
- ASTM D7791 – Standard Test Method for Uniaxial Fatigue Properties of Plastics
- ASTM E466 – Standard Practice for Conducting Force Controlled Constant Amplitude Axial Fatigue Tests of Metallic Materials
- ISO 14801 – Dynamic Fatigue Test for Endosseous Dental Implants
Read our CEO’s article on Viscoelasticity and Dynamic Mechanical Analysis, published on Quality Magazine here.
Fatigue Testing Equipment
Fatigue Testing Machines
ADMET’s fatigue testing machines are compact, quiet, and clean electro-dynamic testing systems for determining the durability of materials and components in tension, compression or flexure.
Fatigue Testing Image Gallery
Fatigue Testing Articles
- Rotating Beam Fatigue Testing Solutions
- Small Specimen Fatigue Testing & Alignment
- An Introduction to Viscoelasticity Dynamic Mechanical Analysis
- eXpert 5900 for Fatigue Testing
- Low Force Fatigue Testing on Titanium and other small Orthopedic implant parts
- ADMET Introduces eXpert 3910 Low Force Dynamic Fatigue Testing Systems
- Torsion Fatigue Tester for Medical Device Testing