Peel Testing Universal Testing Systems
An ADMET material testing system is ideal for measuring the peel, tear, and friction properties of elastomers, adhesives, glues, cements, laminates, packaging, fabrics, coatings, labels, tapes, medical devices, and other products, materials, and components. With an ADMET system, you can accurately calculate average peel strength load over a specified distance and strength per unit width of adhesive. All adhesive testing systems feature constant-rate-of-extension (CRE) and constant-rate-of-load (CRL) control which allows you to perform a wide variety of adhesive tests with only one testing machine.
Common peel testing standards include:
- ASTM D903 – Standard Test Method for Peel or Stripping Strength of Adhesive Bonds
- ASTM D1876 – Standard Test Method for Peel Resistance of Adhesives (T-Peel Test)
- ASTM D3167 – Standard Test Method for Floating Roller Peel Resistance of Adhesives
- ASTM D3330 – Standard Test Method for Peel Adhesion of Pressure-Sensitive Tape
- ASTM D6195 – Standard Test Methods for Loop Tack
Peel Testing Equipment
eXpert 2600 Dual Column Testing Machine
The eXpert 2600 series universal testing machines are available in table top or floor standing configurations from 2kN to 300kN.
eXpert 5000 Modular Testing Machine
The eXpert 5000 series testing machines feature configurable frame components and a detachable actuator, giving you the ability to configure your system in a variety of vertical or horizontal orientations.
eXpert 7600 Single Column Testing Machine
The eXpert 7600 series single column testing machines are capable of performing tension, compression, flexure and peel/adhesion tests in an affordable and compact package.
eXpert 1000 Servohydraulic Testing Machine
eXpert 1000 Series servo hydraulic testing machines are ideal for testing metals, composites, medical devices and implants, concrete, webbing, and other materials at very high load capacities without breaking your budget.
eXpert 4000 Micro Test Machine
The line of eXpert 4000 series MicroTest Systems are ideally suited to meet the demanding requirements for testing miniature samples.
Peel Testing Fixtures
ADMET’s easy to use adhesive peel fixtures are employed by the adhesive industry to test the peel strength, bonding, and shear properties of adhesives. Peel fixtures conform to testing standards such as ASTM D1781, ASTM D3330, ASTM D3167 and can also be customized based on your test application.
Peel Testing Image Gallery
Peel Testing Videos
Peel Testing Articles
- ASTM D903 Peel or Stripping Strength of Adhesive Bonds How to Guide
- How to Perform an Adhesive Strength T-Peel Test — ASTM D1876
- 90 Degree Adhesive Peel Strength Test on a Universal Testing Machine
- How to Perform an Adhesive Loop Tack Strength Test — ASTM D6195
- ASTM D3330 Peel Adhesion of Pressure Sensitive Tape How to Guide
- Package Seal Tensile Test — 180 degree peel — ASTM F88
- Performing an ASTM D3167 Adhesive Floating Roller Peel Test