Puncture Testing Universal Testing Systems
ADMET universal testing systems equipped with a puncture test fixture are capable of determining the puncture resistance of materials such as plastics, films, fabrics, geomembranes, and related products. ADMET offers a selection of puncture fixtures with varying probe and clamp sizes designed according to many ASTM and ISO test standards.
Common puncture testing standards include:
- ASTM D4833 – Standard Test Method for Index Puncture Resistance of Geomembranes and Related Products
- ASTM D5748 – Standard Test Method for Protrusion Puncture Resistance of Stretch Wrap Film
- ASTM D6241 – Standard Test Method for Static Puncture Strength of Geotextiles and Geotextile-Related Products Using a 50-mm Probe
- ASTM F1306 – Standard Test Method for Slow Rate Penetration Resistance of Flexible Barrier Films and Laminates
- TSO-C69c – Test Method for Emergency Evacuation Slides, Ramps, Ramps/Slides, and Slide/Rafts
Puncture Testing Equipment
eXpert 2600 Dual Column Testing Machine
The eXpert 2600 series universal testing machines are available in table top or floor standing configurations from 2kN to 300kN.
eXpert 5000 Modular Testing Machine
The eXpert 5000 series testing machines feature configurable frame components and a detachable actuator, giving you the ability to configure your system in a variety of vertical or horizontal orientations.
eXpert 7600 Single Column Testing Machine
The eXpert 7600 series single column testing machines are capable of performing tension, compression, flexure and peel/adhesion tests in an affordable and compact package.
eXpert 1000 Servohydraulic Testing Machine
eXpert 1000 Series servo hydraulic testing machines are ideal for testing metals, composites, medical devices and implants, concrete, webbing, and other materials at very high load capacities without breaking your budget.
eXpert 4000 Micro Test Machine
The line of eXpert 4000 series MicroTest Systems are ideally suited to meet the demanding requirements for testing miniature samples.
Puncture Testing Fixtures
Puncture fixtures are used to determine the puncture resistance of plastic films, fabric, geomembranes, and other materials. ADMET puncture fixtures can be customized or customers may choose from puncture fixtures that are designed per a specific test method. If you do not see an applicable puncture fixture below, contact us and we will work with you to design a fixture to your specifications.